So you're visiting The Lake District and the weather has turned out to be somewhat disappointing (a situation one should be prepared for when visiting
this part of the world!) However, this certainly does not mean your mini-break to the beautiful National Park has to disappointing too. The Lake District
is home to a number of highly enjoyable activities which are wet weather appropriate (but don’t neglect to pack your umbrella).
- The Puzzling Place – Keswick
- Access your inner child at The Puzzling Place in Keswick. The Puzzling Place is an attraction based on the 'world of illusion' which will expose the
flaws in your visual system. You'll be shaking your head in disbelief as you discover the interactive exhibits and optical illusions. The Puzzling
Place appeals to all ages with favourites including the 'Anti-gravity Room and the 'Hologram Gallery'.
- Learn more: http://www.puzzlingplace.co.uk/
- Zeffirellis - Ambleside
- Home to a cinema, restaurant, cafe & jazz bar, Zefferellis is so much more than your standard cinema. Although all visitors have the option of
simply seeing a film in the comfortable cinema theatres offered by Zefferellis, you can also take advantage of the great value Movie Deal. The
deal includes a two course meal at the popular Zefferellis or Fellinis restaurant and a cinema ticket for your choice of film showing in any of
their 3 cinema venues. Booking in advance is advised. Jazz fan? The Jazz Bar at Zefferellis hosts live music from an array of acts most Wednesdays,
Fridays and Saturdays.
- Learn more:http://www.zeffirellis.com/
- The Keswick Climbing Wall – Keswick
- Perhaps you were hoping to explore the fells of The Lake District and the weather has forced you to reconsider your plans? The Keswick Climbing Wall is the ideal rainy day choice for the more active among us. Choose from indoor climbing or indoor archery for a day of physical fun in the heart of The Lake District.
- Learn more: http://www.keswickclimbingwall.co.uk/
- The World of Beatrix Potter/Old Laundry Theatre – Bowness-on-Windermere
- The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction is not just for children! Learn more about the world-famous author as well as her stories and illustrations.
The attraction includes a short introductory film and an exhibition which brings her wonderful characters to life. If this doesn't sound all that
appealing, The Old Laundry Theatre is also located within the same building. Small and intimate, The Old Laundry Theatre boasts a lively season
of professional drama, classical music, folk, comedy, lectures and film.
- Learn more: http://www.hop-skip-jump.com/ - http://www.oldlaundrytheatre.co.uk/
- Lakeland – Windermere
- A 'shopping experience' rather than the average kitchen technology shop. The flagship store located in Windermere is an impressive 12,200 sq. foot,
including a state of the art kitchen where you can watch product demonstrations and try out the newest and most innovative kitchenware products
on the market. The large, bright and inviting shop is home to thousands kitchen products, general home solutions and seasonal essentials and gifts.
You'll be astounded at the ingenious technology and the sheer number of products that will be make you question how you survived in the kitchen
all this time without them!
- Learn more: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/stores/windermere
- Local pubs & cafes
- When the weather is miserable there is often nothing better than a steaming hot chocolate in a quaint cafe, or a hearty lunch in a cosy pub with a
crackling log fire...
- Such establishments are plentiful and very popular in the Lake District (undoubtedly helped by our rather impressive annual rainfall), and every preference
is catered for.
- For a traditional country pub (think low ceilings, wooden beams, warming fires) try The Masons Arms or The Hole In't Wall. If you
would prefer a bustling and intimate cafe, our recommendations include Homeground Coffee + Kitchen in Windermere and Brew Brothers in Kendal.