It’s fair to say that The Lake District is one of the most beautiful corners of the world and The Cranleigh sits in the heart of it on the shores of Lake Windermere, in Bowness on Windermere.
Everyone’s idea of a break varies; some of our guests want to relax in their room while others want to take in everything the area has to offer. The Lake District is of course best known for its fabulous walks, but if that isn't your cup of tea here are some other great things to do during your stay with us:
- Experience one of the lovely Windermere Lake Cruises or take a private boat charter
- Visit an exhibition at Blackwell Arts & Crafts House
- Go to Aquarium of the Lakes
- Take a ride on Ambleside/Bowness to Haverthwaite Steam Railway
- Steam over to the Lakeland Motor Museum
- Brockhole and Tree Tops Adventure
Our friendly and efficient reception team are available both prior to and during your stay to assist with any activities you may want experience. We can arrange tickets, bookings and everything in between.