"Everything we could have asked for... an exceptional hotel."
"Absolutely amazing place... can't believe how lucky we were to find this gem"
"A little piece of luxury in the Lake District. Not your run of the mill B&B..."
"Could not fault it from start to finish"
"Wonderful place, great location."
"A luxurious, unforgettable haven that beckons me back"
leisure & spa facilities
The Cranleigh allows all guests free access to a new 3 million pound refurbished spa located just a two minute walk away from the hotel.
You can book online now via our bookings page, just click the link below to start the process. Alternatively just call us on -
80,000 + facebook followers
The Cranleigh Hotel Bowness on Windermere Lake District
A star among boutique hotels in the Lake District, The Cranleigh is perfectly located just a minute’s walk from the shores of Lake Windermere and the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere, with its vibrant mix of stylish restaurants, bars, individual shops, cafés and much more.
Family run and offering the perfect blend of luxury and intimacy, The Cranleigh is without doubt one of the most romantic hotels in the Lake District – a very special and unique place that truly stands out among the crowd.
Owners Stephen and Louise have fulfilled their dream of creating a cutting-edge boutique guest house with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, where every room is a sumptuous haven of style and comfort.
The result is a de luxe retreat favoured by discerning celebrities; a cool, contemporary take on the traditional image of 5 star luxury.
We look forward to welcoming you very soon.
Boutique hotels in the Lake District never looked better
Individually designed and sumptuously furnished, each and every room at The Cranleigh has been given the 5 star treatment.
This beautiful Arts & Crafts property has been lovingly transformed into the most stylish boutique hotel in Windermere. The contemporary yet classic feel perfectly complements this amazing period property.
Our interior designer has created a breathtaking space where every room showcases the very latest in design and décor, with stunning layouts, luxury furnishings and gorgeous designer bathrooms.
The wow factor continues in the lounge, dining and reception areas, where finest quality fabrics and furnishings set a mood of laidback luxury that is anything but formal and stuffy.
The fabulous new rooms at our 5 star hotel in the Lake District promise a haven of complete comfort and an indulgent range of de luxe features, including:
- Large wall mounted flat screen LCD TVs
- Luxury goose down duvets with pure cotton sheets
- Phones to order room service
- Air spa baths in all luxury rooms and suites
- 17 inch mirrored bathroom TVs in all luxury rooms and suites
- Quality towels, bathrobes and accessories
- Sumptuous bedding and fabrics
- Mood lighting in all bathrooms and shower rooms
- DVD players with free access to a large DVD library
- Heated bathroom tiled floors
- iPod docking stations to play your own music
- Dual fuel towel rails in bathrooms
- Free internet access in all rooms
- Shaver sockets
- Hair dryers and umbrellas
- Quality tea and coffee making facilities
- Free access to a brand new 3 million pound refurbished spa, pool and gym
- Free parking on and off site for all guests
- Superb quality home-cooked breakfast using the finest locally sourced produce (of course, we also cater for vegetarians and special dietary requirements)
A showstopper among luxury Windermere hotels, The Cranleigh is perfectly located.
Nestling close to the shores of Lake Windermere, this stunning boutique hotel is situated right at the heart of the English Lake District.
Our warm and friendly team can’t wait to welcome you, so why not indulge yourself and a loved one by booking a room at our boutique retreat?
With stunning lakes to gaze at and famous mountains to explore, right here on our doorstep, there are so many reasons to fall in love with The Cranleigh – the most romantic hotel in the Lake District.
Treat yourself to...
the most luxurious room in the Lake District
- Private hot tub
- Bose surround sound Lifestyle system
- Ben de Lisi bathroom with glass bath
- Remote control everything
- Luxury towels, bathrobes, bedding & accessories
- Breakfast in bed
- Internal bar
- Mood lighting throughout, including in the hot tub
- Turn down service